You love pumpkin soup?
I wanted something comforting yesterday, and w/o doubting too much i made pumpkin soup for myself... and will make them more often start from today! it was a really satisfying light dinner which has brought me to a wonderful lala land and i danced with a pumpkin head, NIGHTMARE!! (*just kid)...hehe..
I Love You, Pumpkin!!
I love chunky soup with vegie bits, so I....
left some sauteed brown onion to be added in the soup, as well as some mushroom and zucchini...
I topped the soup with few of coriander leaves just because i think orange and green would be so matching... haaaa!
Butternut Pumpkin Soup
Serve 2-3 (depends on how much you love pumpkin soup)
Half of medium Butternut Pumpkin (approx 1 kg on a halved pumpkin)
1 Brown Onion, diced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 cubes Vegetable Stock
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Dash of Pepper
Dash of Nutmeg
Water for boiling (you can adjust the water depends on how creamy you want your Pumpkin Soup to be)*
Mushroom slices (optional)
Zucchini slices (optional)
Coriander leaves for garnish (totally optional)
* i used roughly 750 ml water to simmer my pumpkin
- Peel off the pumpkin skin, cubed
- Bring water to boil
- Add in pumpkin in a hot boiling water, simmer until pumpkin has turned soft enough
- Set aside and cool down
- Dice brown onion and mince garlic
- Heat up oil in a pan, saute brown onion, garlic until soft, set aside (left some sauteed onion, if you like chunky soup)
- Transfer the chilled pumpkin cubes together with the sauteed onion and garlic to a food processor, adjust the water depends on your personal liking, blend to puree
- Transfer the pumpkin puree to a pot, boil on a medium low heat, add seasoning (vegetable cubes, pepper and nutmeg) to taste
- On the other hand, prepare the zucchini slices by boiling them (optional)
- Saute mushroom with the left sauteed brown onion until soft (optional)
- Add in cooked mushroom, zucchini slices to the pumpkin soup, mix (optional)
- Garnish with coriander leaves (optional)
- Serve warm
P.S : I am blogging at my working place * runnnnn.....*