Despite the good taste, they are however lack of a tiny bits of moisture...
And easily falling apart...
The nonsense sauce was a steal though! being too "creative" a.k.a "short of ingredients at home" (sounds well at the beginning, failed at the end, lol) , i mix matched everything i can grab from the pantry... : )
At the first glance i saw garlic!! Aha... I ever ate something-something with garlic sauce... ticked!
I wanted something sour, so yogurt works!! ticked!!
Look at the white boring colour and tasteless still sauce, i mixed dried thyme leaves (just a bit, i wanted only colour), salt & pepper, lemon juice and a dash of mustard powder (too much no good)..
And the final touch was truly fab... few drops of SESAME OIL!! i just love how sesame oil enhance the taste of this garlic sauce!!
Bean Balls with Garlic Sauce
Makes 15 balls
400 gr Mixed Bean - no added salt, mashed ( i used Edgell)
1 tsp Vegetable Powder (or adjust to taste)
3 heaped tbsp Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs *approx*
1/2 medium Red Onion, cubed
1 tsp Olive Oil
Extra Olive Oil to pan-fry
- Drained the beans and mash with fork until completely smooth, set aside
- Peel the onion, and tinily cubed
- Add in vegetable powder, bread crumbs, olive oil, and cubed onion in a bowl of mashed beans, Combine well
- Shape the bean mixture to ball
- Lightly grease olive oil in a heated non-stick frying pan, pan fried the bean balls at very low heat for roughly 10 minutes, flip each sides in mid-way (they get burned very easily)*
N.B: The bean balls could be very hard to handle, be careful while handling.. let me know if you have a good suggestion...
Make 2 serves
2 whole Garlic, skin on, roasted
2 tbsp Natural Yogurt
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Sesame Oil
Dash of Mustard Powder (not too much)
Dried Thyme Leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut off the root end of garlic, wrapped with aluminium foil and roast for 15 minutes (or until soft) at 220 degree heated oven
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix yogurt; lemon juice; sesame oil; mustard powder; dried thyme leaves, set aside
- Take the roasted garlic out of oven, simply squeeze the garlic out of its skin, mashed, combine with the yogurt mixture
- Salt and pepper to taste
Oh... and don't forget to treat yourself with a breath freshener sweets after meal! hahaha... you still love garlic? i love!!!