Thursday, May 5, 2011

Steamed Chinese Egg Cake

It has been a while i do not make a blog post after my arrival in Sydney since 30th of March. Mum, Dad, Sister came to Sydney for holiday. I can't remember how much Fun Time we have spent together, countless!!

Counting from that day, it has been 1 month i didn't fill up my blog. 

Firstly, i was busy spending quality time with fams : ) Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner, all together, Nevertheless, Unlimited chit-chat; Snapping photoes with my new camera (Mr.S gave me surprise when i first stepped in my house in Sydney, the lovely camera was arranged beautifully on my desk, SURPRISE!!!)  

Second, I have been graduated on 8th Of April at NIDA theatre with my lovely friends! Since that day, i have been countlessly searching and applying office job online, desperately hoping for a call, but zero in result : ( 
at least, i have tried my best!! (i haven't give up and still continue to search for treasure) P.S: if it continues, i will do whatever job to fill up my "spare" time and bank account :p

Kitchen Adventure continues though, i have found a new blog on site today. The Steamed Egg Cake at Cooking Crave caught my attention. I know it is yummy and very easy to make,so why not?

simple ingredients required in this process, all adapted from Cooking Crave

Ingredients:
5 Eggs
200 g Sugar

100ml Vegetable Oil
130ml Milk

280 g CakeFlour
4 tbsp Custard Powder (I skipped)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt



Method:
Using an electric mixer, generously beat the egg and sugar until very fluffy, and the colour turns pale.
Sieve the flour; baking powder and baking soda, fold it in the egg mixture, combine well.

Add in salt; vegetable oil and milk, combine well.

Line a baking paper on a pan.

Pour the batter in.

Steam on high heat for 30 minutes.

Check with skewer, if it comes out nicely without any cake traces, then you're done.















Happy Cooking!
xoxo

No comments: