Saturday, November 6, 2010

Kaya Steamed Bun

I have made Kaya Steamed Bun on last Tuesday
I was so surprised that the dough was much fluffier and softer compare with my previous attempt
I adapted this dough recipe from My Little Space

I can't shape bun very well actually, all i can is only make round Bun, hahaha...


I need to improve my Bun-shaping skill!


Ingredients:

Dough A 
150 ml Water
185 gr Cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Yeast

Mix and let it proof over night (cover with a lid)

Dough B
375 gr Pao Flour
25 gr Oil
100 gr Water
180 gr Sugar

In a seperate bowl mix in
2 tbsp Baking Powder
3 tbsp Water

Filling:

Method:
Mix Dough A, let it proof over night
Mix Dough B followed by Dough A, knead until smooth
Mix in 2 tbsp Baking Powder and 3 tbsp Water in a separate bowl, gently fold into the Bun Dough, knead
Divide the Flour into a small pieces, add filling and shape
Rest the Bun for 45 minutes before steaming
Finally steam in a high heat for 30 minutes



Happy Cooking!!!
xoxo





No comments: