Thursday, October 28, 2010

Almond Butter

There are plenty of Nuts in the market
Cashew; Peanut; Macadamia; Chestnut; Hazelnut, bla bla bla...

I have nominated Almond as my favourite Nuts ever in my life : )
I'll buy Almond to stock at home whenever they have ran out 
I usually will buy Natural Almond or Dry-Roasted Almond (w/o salt) - personally prefers Dry-Roasted 
I don't really like salty food : )

Here i have made my own Almond Butter to accompany with my favourite Toast for breakfast in the morning 

Is is easy to make and you can adjust the taste, the texture, the crunchiness depends on how you prefer to enjoy Almond Butter


To make this tiny amount of Almond Butter

You'll need: 
2 huge handful of Dry- Roasted Almond
1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt

Method:
Brings all of the ingredients to a blender, process!!!

N.B:
Adjust the salt as your liking
You can add any oil as your preference - if it is too dry, add more oil
Store in a clean container and keep them in the fridge (to maintain its freshness - we don't add any preservative)
You can add a little bit of sugar if you are fancy to have a Sweet Almond Butter
Essence can be added, such as: Vanilla / Cinnamon 
If you like a crunchy style of Almond Butter - add in some crushed Almond 

Happy Cooking!!!
xoxo

No comments: